Today, SEMI announced details about the SEMI Industry Strategy Symposium (ISS) on January 10-13 where semiconductor executives will discuss Integrating for Growth: Markets, Technology, and Ecosystem in Half Moon Bay, Calif. Industry leaders present the current status of their major technological and economic challenges while economists and industry analysts discuss their views of global economic and industry forecasts. Attendees hear diverse perspectives from IC design, manufacturing, foundry, R&D, and consumer electronics.
Emerging applications are broadening the scope of the traditional semiconductor business, resulting in advanced capabilities and expanded ecosystems. Growing semiconductor complexity serves diverse markets, sophisticated technologies, and expanding ecosystems, while escalating costs related to innovation and investment requirements remain a concern. Still Moore’s Law continues to relentlessly push both silicon and the industry to new limits associated with physics and economics. With an era of disruptive innovation on the horizon, the industry is focusing on creating value and achieving growth using an integrative platform approach. ISS will focus on a breakthrough approach that fosters greater sharing of resources and more effective strategies for accomplishing mutual goals, industry-wide.
Highlights of the conference include:
- Keynotes: Mary J. Miller, U.S. Army; Haruyoshi Kumura, Nissan; and Ken Hansen, Semiconductor Research Corporation
- ISS CxO Panel on It’s 2050 Moore’s Law is Dead What’s the New Business Model? with panelists from Brewer Science, Intel, Synopsys, and more
- Economic Trends: Keynote by Duncan Meldrum, Hilltop Economics; with presentations from Gartner, IC Insights, McKinsey & Company, Pacific Crest Securities, SEMI, and VLSI Research
- Market Perspectives: Presentations from AnandTech, International Business Strategies, Jefferies, Robert Bosch LLC, and SanDisk
- Technology and Manufacturing: Presentations from Amkor Technology, ASM International, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, IM Flash Technologies, Intel, Qualcomm, SMIC, and SUNY Poly/CNSE
- Collaboration Towards Success: Presentations from ASML, Intel Capital, and Micron
For more information on the SEMI Industry Strategy Symposium, please visit: www.semi.org/iss.