GLOBALFOUNDRIES today announced a new partner program, called FDXcelerator, an ecosystem designed to facilitate 22FDX system-on-chip (SoC) design and reduce time-to-market for its customers.
With the recent announcement of the company’s next-generation 12FDX™ technology, the FDXcelerator Partner Program builds upon GLOBALFOUNDRIES industry-first FD-SOI roadmap, a lower cost migration path for customers desiring advanced node design.
Together with GLOBALFOUNDRIES and FDXcelerator Partner solutions, customers will be able to build innovative 22FDX SoC solutions as well as ease migration to FD-SOI from bulk nodes such as 40nm and 28nm. Initial FDXcelerator Partners have committed a set of key offerings to the program, including:
- tools (EDA) that complement industry leading design flows by adding specific modules to easily leverage FDSOI body-bias differentiated features,
- a comprehensive library of design elements (IP), including foundation IP, interfaces and complex IP to enable foundry customers to start their designs from validated IP elements,
- platforms (ASIC), which allow a customer to build a complete ASIC offering on 22FDX,
- reference solutions (reference designs, system IP), whereby the Partner brings system level expertise in Emerging application areas, enabling customers to speed-up time to market,
- resources (design consultation, services), whereby Partners have trained dedicated resources to support 22FDX technology, and;
- product packaging and test (OSAT) solutions.
“22FDX is increasingly gaining momentum as the platform of choice to build differentiated, highly-integrated system solutions,” said Alain Mutricy, senior vice president of Product Management at GLOBALFOUNDRIES. “Now is the time to step up industry collaboration to enable our customers to accelerate adoption of 22FDX. FDXcelerator will extend the reach of the FD-SOI ecosystem by creating a market place for truly innovative FDX-tailored solutions and services.”
The FDXcelerator Partner Program creates an open framework to allow selected Partners to integrate their products or services into a validated, plug and play catalog of design solutions. This level of integration allows customers to create high performance designs while minimizing development costs through access to a broad set of quality offerings, specific to 22FDX technology. The Partner ecosystem positions members and customers to take advantage of the broad adoption and accelerating growth of the FDX market.
FD-SOI technology has been gaining ground as designers leverage the process as an alternative to Fin-FET-based technologies for chips that require performance on demand and energy efficiency at the lowest solution cost. According to a recent Linley Group Microprocessor Report, FD-SOI Offers Alternative to FinFET, GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ FDX technologies provide an alternative path for applications that cannot accept the cost and complexity of FinFETs.
Initial partners of the FDXcelerator Partner Program are: Synopsys (EDA), Cadence (EDA), INVECAS (IP and Design Solutions), VeriSilicon (ASIC), CEA Leti (services), Dreamchip (reference solutions) and Encore Semiconductor (services). These companies have already initiated work to deliver advanced 22FDX SoC solutions and services. Additional FDXcelerator members will be announced in the following months.