(October 7, 2010) -- Answering the growing demand for a high resolution, Dr. Schenk has developed an enhanced version of the Pollux Particle Detection System for Photomasks. Pollux-Enhanced automated particle detection system enables fabs to perform a complete inspection on each reticle prior to its use.
Pollux-E offers objective evaluation data for the pass/fail decision of lithographic photomasks. This approach provides a more cost-effective and more reliable solution than the method of visual inspection.
As the outside dimension of the new Pollux-E is the same as of Pollux, it can easily be integrated in the same reticle stockers or handling systems than the current Pollux. Pollux-E has been designed for integration into:
- Reticle Stockers
- Wafer Steppers
- Cleaning Stations
- Automatic Handling Systems
Pollux-E inspects the surface of the glass side and the pellicle surface of the chrome side for imperfections down to 5μm equivalent sphere diameter (ESD). Pollux-E detects particulate contamination and defects such as glass scratches and holes in the pellicle. Each fab can individually determine the threshold according to the minimum size of particles that are of interest.
Pollux-E offers highly reliable contamination control for the lithography process, independent of an operator performing a visual inspection, according to the company. Pollux-E automatically determines the frame height and the inspection area. No manual adjustment or parameter setting is needed to adapt the system for the reticle to be inspected. The average cycle time takes between 45 to 70 seconds.
Pollux-E uses a far dark-field laser inspection principle. Highly sensitive CCD line scan cameras collect the scattered light from any imperfetion. The size of detected particles is determined according to the number and intensity of bright pixels.
Pollux-E offers a user-friendly graphical user interface (GUI) according to SEMI standards. Pollux-E reports the number of detected particles on the surfaces of both sides of the reticle. Contamination data, such as the number of detected particles, ESD size and xy-coordinates, will be displayed in a defect map, defect table and defect size histogram, providing a quick overview.
- Reticle Size: 6"
- Detectability: >5μm (ESD)
- Repeatablility: Particles 5-20μm (ESD) ≥90%
- Particles >20μm (ESD) ≥98%
- Threshold: Adjustable by customer according to the minimum size of particles of interest
- Av. Cycle Time: ≈ 45-70sec.
- Autofocus: for Frame Height Detection
- User Interface: User-friendly GUI according to SEMI standards
- Communication TCP/IP Ethernet-network with Interface: Windows DCOM or ActiveX Digital I/O
- Cleanroom: Class 1 compatible
- Laser Class: Class 1 Laser and LED product
- Size (LxWxH): 713 x 341 x 400mm
- System Weight: approx. 30 kg
- Power Supply: 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 115 VA
- Electro Static Discharge safe
- CE Conformity
- Plug and Play
Dr. Schenk GmbH information is available at www.drschenk.com
Subscribe to Solid State Technology/Advanced Packaging. Follow Solid State Technology on Twitter.com via editors Pete Singer, twitter.com/PetesTweetsPW and Debra Vogler, twitter.com/dvogler_PV_semi. Or join our Facebook group